2019 Coach Booking Information and Rules
Before booking a place on a coach please ensure you have read the following information;
- Generally at least a 16 seat capacity coach will be booked for each outmeeting the Society is attending but the actual provision of a coach is not guaranteed if the society feels it is not economically viable due to a low number of bookings. If numbers permit, a larger bus will be provided but this will depend on an economical number of passengers having booked by the deadline and the availability of coaches.
- All bookings will be dealt with on a strictly first come first served basis (we will use date/time of message) so book early to avoid disappointment.
- Coach prices are £12 for 18yrs+ and £6 for 17yrs and under. This is with the exception of Lewes where coach prices will be £15 & £8 respectively. All bookings are payable on the night at The Hampden Arms. Please do not board the coach until you have paid.
- All coaches will leave the Hampden Arms at the time stated on the list unless you are told otherwise.
- All cancellations must be received by midnight on the Saturday preceding the outmeeting. If you do not cancel by the deadline or just fail to turn up on the night you will be charged for the seat. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- If you cancel late/don’t turn up and subsequently the seat is taken by someone else do not assume that you do not have to pay. The easiest way to explain why this isn’t fair is to give an example; suppose Ann, Bert, Charlie & Derek cancel late. At the last minute Ernie decides to join the coach as he has heard on facebook that Ann is not coming. Ann tells everyone that she no longer has to pay for her seat as Ernie has taken it…understandably Bert, Charlie & Derek get quite upset as they think they cancelled before Ann.
- We are happy to take bookings from non-members but please be aware that SHBS members will always take priority.
- Coaches will return from the outmeeting at a time agreed on the journey there. If you do not turn up at the agreed time and place for the return journey the coach may have to leave without you.
- If you are sick or spill food or drink on the coach you will be liable for the full cost of cleaning as invoiced by the coach company.
- Please be respectful to the coach driver and all others travelling. If you cause any trouble the Society reserves the right to refuse you further coach travel.
- Please remain seated throughout the journey.
- SHBS does not intentionally make a profit from coach bookings as we try to keep the costs to a minimum to allow as many people as possible to attend outmeetings.
Organising the coaches and keeping track of all the bookings is not an easy job. Please do not make it worse by arguing the coach rules/refusing to pay/moaning at the coach organisers/making comments on facebook etc.
If you have any comments or suggestions about the rules please come along to one of the monthly meetings.